Friday, February 1, 2008

Brown Paneling and a 70's Couch...

When I was a baby and toddler I had a TON of ear infections! My eardrum would burst as soon as it would heal...I went through two sets of tubes and nothing helped. Unfortunately one of my earliest memories is standing up on the couch on the bottom floor of our split level house facing the wall and trying to climb up it because of how much pain I was in. I REMEMBER that pain...it was awful! So when I was five I got my tonsils out and the ear infections were over. Almost 26 years later I'm brought back to wanting to climb the walls because of an ear infection! Call me dumb, but I didn't know adults got ear infections like kids (and I'm in the ear business...on the kid side). On Wednesday my ear started hurting but I thought it had popped or something. After a couple days of taking Tylenol, being deaf in one ear and having excruciating pain I finally went to the doctor today. Yep...it's the return of the ear infection..ugh! Hopefully the drugs will help soon because I'm having flashbacks of the brown paneling and 70's couch....but most of all I'm having the terrible pain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you mentioning your ear...I'm SO sorry:( Hope you feel better soon!

anthonyandbeth said...

so sorry! i've had a few of ear infections as an adult. once in college and then a couple more in the last couple of years. i, too, thought us big kids didn't get them! :)

Janet said...

I hope you are feeling better already and I'm glad you got in to check that ear out. Brian had an ear infection as an adult and I had never heard of adult getting them. Oh joy!