Friday, February 29, 2008

My Boy is a Reader!

We are constantly told how smart Braden is and of course we agree! Teaching him in preschool, I can see that he is definitely above his same age peers and on par with the older kids but I've never pushed the reading thing because of lessons learned when teaching Cailey to read at 3. (I learned that they only get to play games for a few years, but have to deal with academics the rest of their lives...so while they're toddlers I want them have as much fun as possible!) I've gotten all the curriculum I'll be using next year and a couple of books arrived in the mail yesterday. I left them on the counter and when I came back Braden was reading a story!!! I don't mean looking, I mean READING out loud! I could NOT believe my boy was reading when I haven't even pursued it with him! I have been working on the -at word family at preschool with the older ones (him included because of his skill set) but WOW- I was still shocked...but most of all proud:)!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

And now a WHOLE new world will be opened up to him. How awesome!!

Hey, I recognize that book!

Eve said...

That is amazing! As a teacher you know to continue to encourage him to read!