Monday, February 4, 2008

Decision 2008

The great debate on what to do about schooling for Cailey next year is over and I finally have peace!! I have struggled with this decision since Cailey was 3 but decided to give public school a try this year. It's funny how things work out because at first I felt like this was a totally wasted year for her. I did feel like I was supposed to send her when I recieved the letter saying that she got into her year round school last year, but lately I've been wondering why I sent her. (I always analyze the mess out of things and want to know the exact reasons for everything that happens.) Last night a friend asked me why I sent her and the answer came to me as clear as day...she WAS supposed to be there this year. If I had homeschooled Cailey this year then I wouldn't have been able to work and raise the money we needed for the baby. Everything did work out (even if we don't have the baby yet). SO...the point is that I am homeschooling Cailey next year and finally feel peace about her schooling decision that I've been struggling with for so long. I just feel like if I don't try then I'll always wonder if I should have. I am not committing to homeschooling for the next 18 years, I'm just taking one year at a time...and I'm VERY excited about it:)!!

5 comments:

Sherri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So glad you feel at peace about your decision! Now you can help me make up MY mind:)

Sherri said...

I'm elated to hear of this decision as it was obvious where your heart has been all along. How neat that you see the Romans 8:28 in Cailey's public school tenure. Now we're praying that you receive a new baby very soon! Let us know when the Barbour-shop academy is open to more students so Sarah can apply.

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm so glad you've come to a decision and have PEACE!!! what a wonderful place to be! i know you will be amazing! :)

Janet said...

I don't think I have ever seen such a huge smile on your face than when you announced this decision Sunday night.
You glowed. You absolutely glowed! No matter the subject.....having a peace from God is just an amazing feeling.
We're praying for baby news as well.
Your faith in God, with that, is a true testimony to me.