Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Lock In



Right after Cailey's show at Camp Aunt Laura we drove her straight to her first lock in! It was for the 4th and 5th grade classes at our church and she couldn't wait! After a week of sleepovers with Rebecca I was a bit nervous and thought she'd crash but didn't want her to miss the opportunity of meeting her new Sunday school teachers and friends. She was so excited when I dropped her off at New Life Camp (we were an hour late and they went to NLC for a few hours before returning to Journey).

Recap from cailey: "When we first got there I found out I was in Mr. Williams (Anthony's) group and we did a scavenger at NLC. Our team (the Red Hot Tamale Tigers) won the most points for all the games and I won a shirt and a pack of silly bandz. We played a 'making a lunch' game blindfolded, had egg relays on spoons, played a game where we chewed gum and spit it in someone's hand and then made it into an animal to guess, played Just Dance Kids, went into a giant ball room, and more! We ate ice cream sundaes at 2:00 am which was how I could stay up all night long. We also ate candy, soda, pizza, popcorn, and chips. I was hungry at night because I wasn't asleep. I fell asleep for an hour at 6am to 7am until daddy came to get me."


Ephram was SO VERY excited to go pick Cailey up after a week of not seeing her! The other kids tackled her too:).


Cailey didn't want to take a nap but I finally made her at 10 and woke her at 12 (which was close to impossible). She ended up sleeping 14 hours the next night and only woke up because someone was crying and woke her. This is the shirt she won...it's an adult size and was hilarious to us when she proudly showed us her prize:).

The afternoon was very low key after everyone having sleepovers all week long so they rested in the afternoon and watched a movie.

No comments: