Thursday, October 4, 2012

Monterey


We woke up, left Carmel, (sniff sniff) and headed to Monterey. We walked on
on fisherman's wharf and there were some crazy pelicans that couldn't have cared less that you were walking right by them. I'm sure they were waiting around for the fishing boats because they were everywhere!
Down below (off the deck...literally a foot away) there were sea lions swimming
around. I couldn't believe they were so close! There were also a ton out in the water, on random tires and docks but seeing it so up close was great.

We stopped in this store so Brian could get a hand dipped treat. It was super cute with
a TON of chocolate dipped things to choose from.
We went to lunch at one restaurant then as we sat down we suddenly got the urge to leave and Brian acted like he got a phone call. It was pretty hilarious but I'm SO glad we did because we ended up at this AMAZING place with the best fish I've had in a long time. I don't know what I was thinking by ordering chicken but Brian and I traded and I just couldn't get enough of the FRESH fish! There were so many things I wanted to try on the menu (plain, of course:)
We went to the Monterey aquarium which would be perfect for the kids. There were a ton of places for them to play and great learning experiences for them. We spent the rest of our time in Monterey shopping before driving to San Francisco in the late afternoon.

No comments: