Monday, October 29, 2012

Kinsey's 7th birthday

 Happiest of birthdays to my sweet Kinsey girl today! I can hardly wrap my brain around the fact that my BABY girl is 7 years old! I'm pretty sure she'll always be my baby girl since she was the 'youngest' for quite some time.  She decided to eat her special birthday breakfast outside!

 The kids could NOT wait to give Kinsey presents so after they were all home from piano they brought her their homemade gifts. Cailey made a clay bowl then painted it for her.  Kinsey was also given gum, silly bands, and cards:). Ephram was SO cute last night because he came in my room with a book and a plastic baseball (that were his) and asked for tissue paper to wrap them up for 'tins'. Melt my heart!  He was so excited to see her open his gifts and she was a gracious receiver:). LOVE it!


After school (9am:) Kinsey and I played game after game of Pente together. Then
we played her favorite: Old Maid.

 Kinsey's lunch request was a pepperoni sandwich, clementines, cucumbers, and her birthday cake. All of her favorites plus cake in one meal!  Then for the last few weeks she's been telling us she wanted Arby's for dinner! It cracked me up but she really wanted to try curly fries so we got her a quick dinner before going out for fun.

tonight we went to the nursing home for trick or treating and everyone sang to Kinsey when it
was over. she isn't an 'attention seeking' kind of girl but had the biggest smile on her face (in a shy sort of way:). it's so neat for me to see how different her personality is from her siblings.

We came home to open gifts from Mommy and Daddy...something she had been begging to do all day long. Kinsey asked for three things this year. She wanted a watch, a pack of gum, and candy. Brian and I bought her the watch in California because she's been asking for it for so long and I couldn't wait to see the look on her face! She was waiting for it at her party and didn't get it (b/c I told everyone not to get it:). Then today I saved it for the last gift and she said, "I hope THIS one will be a watch!" and it was. She was thrilled!  We also got her a UNC cheerleading outfit for her bunny (which matches the UNC basketball outfit we got Braden's monkey when he was having so many eye problems).

Kinsey had a super fun birthday! I asked her what the best part about it was and she said, "Mommy..you're silly! The watch!"  

I always call her Kinsey Joy because she just exudes joy and is happy in so many circumstances. Now...she can also be a spit fire and very unpredictable (when not getting her way only) but oh does she care for others! She is very sharing and empathetic. She loves her siblings...no matter what....Kinsey is beyond forgiving.

 She is still as curious as always which gets her into messes even now:). Kinsey is super shy in group settings (away from home) and just sits back to take it all in....but loves all of her activities (with AHG and soccer being at the top). She wants to be a runner like her siblings and loves ALL things competitive.

She loves her mommy and daddy and is a GREAT snuggler. Oh how we love our Kinsey girl! Happy birthday Kinsey Joy! We are so blessed to have you in our family sweet girl! I love you!

Favorites:

Game- Old Maid
Sport- Soccer
Food- Pepperoni and Clementines
Drink- Lemonade
Song- The books of the bible song
Movie- Tangled
Thing to do outside- ride my bike
Color- pink
Dessert- candy
Toy- banky
Thing to do- play games with mommy
Book- My Kinsey princess book
Season- summer
Place to go- the pool
Subject in School- Science
What do you want to be when you grow up?- a missionary and a nurse


No comments: