Friday, March 15, 2013

Korean book


Ephram constantly asks questions about Korea and his adoption. It started this year (at three years old) and just amazes me. He is very curious about all facets of it. And almost everyday he climbs up on a chair/stool to get his Korean (scrapbook) book down and asks whoever is available to read it to him. He doesn't limit it to family members...I've seen Cheryl read it to him, the kids friends, Nonny..whoever is the closest. He will sit and look and look at the pictures, asking questions about them.

He always lights up on the page where I am holding him for the first time and he's smiling...it's his favorite.

I wanted to document his LOVE of his Korean book and quest to get answers about his adoption. We are so blessed to have gone to Korea and I'm thankful I have a book for him that I can show to him. Since we didn't go with the others they don't have a book of our 'trip'.

BUT...Braden has never really asked about his adoption and Kinsey just started this year (at 7). Kinsey is also asking very hard questions..and wondering about siblings, etc. I never hide any truth we know from them. And I always encourage questions about it. I even bring it up from time to time with Braden JUST to ask if he has any questions about it. I wouldn't have thought to ask the younger two but they are questioning on their own.

Thankful we have 'some' answers for them.

No comments: