Monday, March 4, 2013

ER

Yesterday Braden came to me in the evening saying his stomach hurt SO bad. That's bad for him. I told him to go to bed and try to sleep but heard him moaning then went to see him writhing and kicking from pain. He said it hurt too much to lay down and felt a little better sitting up. When I pushed on his tummy he lost it. It's upper...under his ribs and right in the middle. Tenderness means bad things to me. He didn't have a high fever (just 99.8) but was super clammy and just in pain. His breathing was labored.

My gut said ER...it's his appendix even though it's not where the typical pain would be. I told Brian but he was adamant that there was no way.  I don't know....I just have a feeling that's what it was.

Remember back my mama gut told me Cailey needed her tonsils out...and Ephram broke his leg. But maybe I'm wrong this time. I'd be ok with that...happy, in fact!

So since it was so late and he couldn't sleep (and truthfully because of the tenderness) I decided he needed to go to the ER.

It was super crowded and he didn't even get to triage until two hours later. (At 12:30am) Then finally got to his room/blood drawn/IV at 2:53 am.

He couldn't sleep while waiting for the chest x ray because he was in too much pain when he wasn't sitting straight up. Finally they came for the x ray but it was clear and showed nothing.

At that point (3:50 am) exhaustion took over and he was out.  The doctor came (for the first time...up until then it was nurses and a nurse practitioner) but Braden couldn't keep his eyes open for it. When the dr. touched his belly (while Braden was sleeping) he didn't move...but he'd been up for over 20 hours at that point and was just out.

She (the doctor) said..wait for it...that it could be the beginning stages of Appendicitis. Sigh. Yup.  That mama gut is craziness. But it was COULD not is. Since he didn't have a high fever or loss of appetite yesterday it's not infected. Therefore probably won't show up on an ultrasound yet? But they didn't have the kid equipment to do an ultrasound or ct scan at that ER so if it happens again we'll have to go to Wake Med.

We all finally got home/went to sleep after 5 am.  Braden slept until about 9.  I was up at 7:30 with the kids and Brian was able to sleep until 8:30.  He has to work all day today and though he can function on little sleep, that's WAY too little, even for him. Praying he doesn't get sick!

Braden is still in pain this morning. (He said it feels like sharp pain). About an 8 (while last night it was a 10). He can't get comfortable and keeps changing positions and sucking in air really deep.  His eye is now infected again as well (as of today...craziness).  The spot is still tender. He isn't hungry but I got him to eat some dry cheerios.

I'm making an appointment to take him in tomorrow to see our fav Dr. Walker. Pray for wisdom and healing. Pray for whatever is causing him so much pain to become clear. Pray for him to stop hurting!

Oh...and please pray for sleep to come to him!

No comments: