Friday, April 16, 2010

favorite math stuff...


flashmaster



fraction magnets


I LOVE our math curriculum!! We use Right Start Math. It's unlike any I ever used when I was teaching and took a while to get used to but it is simply amazing. (It's based on Asian math). My kids are learning strategies and not just memorizing facts. Math has never been my strong point...in fact I struggled a lot! I'm learning new strategies right along with them.

These magnets have been so helpful in helping Cailey understand the concept of fractions. Our math curriculum is full of games that reinforce the concepts they are learning too.

We've had the flashmaster for a couple of years but really started using it consistently this spring. Basically it replaces flashcards. It has 9 levels which can be timed (or not) for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

No comments: