Monday, April 12, 2010

no. (3/25/10)



I've had lots to post about lately so I feel like I'm falling WAY behind. I think I'm gonna have to start doing more than one post per day sometimes. Not sure why I like doing one a day...just do. However, my sweet baby is getting bigger and bigger everyday and I want to remember the little things.

Like how FAST he is at crawling! No more putting him on a blanket to play. He crawls towards the kitchen (or manipulatives) as soon as he's put down. He also crawls to the front door when it's open so he can look out. TWO times that he's done that a certain little girl has opened the door and smashed his sweet little fingers- by accident. That certain little girl is no longer allowed to open the door if he's near it. It broke my heart to see him SO sad. He just kept waving his hand like it hurt so much! Both times he pretty much had to be held until his nap because he would cry when I put him down. I didn't mind snuggling my boy at all!

NO....he's heard that word quite a bit lately when it comes to touching the manipulatives in the open cabinet Poppy made to store them all in. I didn't have a baby when it was made...didn't even think about it. We TRY to keep all the bigger things where he can reach because most of them are too small and he could choke on them. Every time he hears it he'll stop and look at us because he KNOWS we are talking to him. Sometimes he obeys. Sometimes we re direct.



Ephram KNOWS who we are. He KNOWS his name. I had been toying with 'changing' his name (or having people call him something different) because of the comments I get when I tell people his name. Honestly, do people NOT think?? He's here now and has his name. Telling me that it's an Amish name (at the Y) or weird name (at church), etc. is NOT going to change anything. There is a reason you don't tell people names before the baby comes...because you don't want their opinion...it's your baby. Brian and I both like it. That's all that matters. And now...HE knows it. Yesterday we called out different names to see if he'd look but every time we said Ephram, he looked. SO NEAT!

It's amazing to me that after two months he's learned a new name and a new mommy and daddy. Brian picked him up from church yesterday (after being left for THREE hours) and he started jumping (in the exersaucer), lifting his arms, and smiling as soon as he saw his daddy. AMAZING!! This sweet baby is bonded...to us both. Praise God!

Brian and I were playing with Ephram in his room yesterday and I was just amazed at the blessing God gave us. How HE handpicked Ephram for our family. HE knew. I was thinking about his birth mom and wondering how often she thinks of him. Thinking about his foster mom and wondering if she has another baby now. Just thinking about how blessed we are...after waiting over 3 1/2 years for our baby. He's growing and changing so fast!

No comments: