Monday, June 11, 2012

Generosity.

The kids had an opportunity to earn some AWESOME prizes from the AWANA store this year at Mt. Vernon. They had the store every six weeks and earned points for verses, attendance, participation in theme nights, etc. Cailey found out she could earn an American Girl Doll if she saved up all her bucks until the end of the year and told me she wanted to surprise Rebecca and get it for her since she didn't have one.

This was last August...almost a year ago. I told her to keep it a secret in case she changed her mind but she assured me she wouldn't. Every time they had Store night she never spent anything until finally the year was up and the many many bible verses she learned (getting through all of the TnT books in just over a year then moving on to learn more of God's Word) along with attendance, etc. meant that she had earned enough for the doll. She STILL had her heart set on getting it for Rebecca (even though I told her it was ok if she changed her mind since no one knew).

Kinsey also got a doll (named Rebecca for herself) and Braden earned an IPOD touch for himself. They were both SO excited about their new things but Cailey could WAIT to wrap and decorate the paper for Rebecca! I made sure it was done while I was at the beach so it would be ready when they got there.

Cailey told Rebecca she had a big surprise for her. Little did she know HOW big and the sacrifices made!:)


She was SO excited!! Cailey got her Ruthie because it's Kit's best friend and they are best friends. Rebecca was thrilled. It was so neat to witness this unselfish giving from my sweet girl. Who thought of this all on her own. Laura and Leslie said that she reminds them of me...because I LOVE to give gifts to people..and always have. I am SO proud of you, Cailey!!


Cailey played with her doll more than I had seen her do in a long time! And Rebecca takes hers everywhere. SO sweet!

Generosity is the habit of giving freely without expecting anything in return. Awesome.

No comments: