Monday, November 26, 2007

Farewell to 'Lello'

I have always cherished the 'baby' words that the kids say (since they don't say that many) and this weekend Cailey said yellow for the first time. It may seem silly but for some reason I was sad to see the last baby word go...even though I knew it was time. She has always said 'lello' and I never corrected it until lately. We played LOTS of Candy Land at Nonny and Poppy's which gave her plenty of opportunities to say yellow. My baby is growing up:(.

Oh..and on a side note...last week Marsie watched Cailey for me and yesterday Cailey said, "Another word for dog is smooth." I said, "What? Why are you saying that?" She said, "Because Ms. Marsie kept saying smooth instead of dog." I laughed...what I think she meant to say is MOVE instead of smooth...Marsie must have been telling Riley (the dog) to MOVE a lot:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cailey just looks so grown up - and now she's losing her last "baby word" - when did she get so big?!

Eve said...

I thought 'lello' was so adorable!

I laughed out loud with the dog story! Cailey cracks me up!