Tuesday, January 20, 2009

another tradition







When I was growing up a friend of my mom's used to give me a different Christmas ornament every year with my name and the year on it. I still have them and every year when we decorate the tree I show them to the kids and tell them how old I was when I got them. A couple years ago Auntie Anne was asking me what to get the kids for Christmas and I told her I'd love for her to be the one to do that for my children (and we'll do it for her children when she has them). She gave the kids their ornament when she came for the weekend and they were so excited about them! Braden got a firetruck (which he LOVES), Cailey got a cheerleader (who happens to have the same color uniform as she does), and Kinsey got a horse. When the kids get married and have their own tree they'll have years worth of ornaments to take with them that will have special meaning:).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were so cute about those ornaments! :)