Sunday, January 4, 2009

Spring Schedule

I've been asked (by parents who are skeptical about homeschooling) how my children are able to interact with other children and learn 'social skills' so I thought I'd post our new spring schedule that starts tomorrow. It's MUCH fuller than the fall...not quite sure how that happened and I do NOT plan on having this many activities in the future but hopefully the kids will have fun and learn "how to be social:)"(totally kidding)

Monday: 3:30- Swimming Lessons for all three kiddos
Tuesday: 5:00-7:00- Tae Kwon Do for the oldest two and Daddy
Wednesday: 2:30-3:15- Gymnastics for Cailey
6:30-8:00- Awana for Cailey and Braden
Thursday: 2:30-4:30- Drawing and Sketching and Gym class for Cailey
7:00-8:00- Cheerleading (with Upward) for Cailey
Friday: 9:00-12:00- Co op for all three kiddos (Kinsey in preschool, Braden taking reptiles and amphibians and science experiments, Cailey taking arts and crafts and science experiments)
1:00-3:00- Girl Scouts for Cailey (while the others play with other kids their age)
Saturday: time TBD- Cheering for Basketball games
Sunday: 6:00-7:15- Kidz Praise for Cailey

If you add the time up you can CLEARLY see that the kids will be 'socialized'. It's quite overwhelming to me but hopefully the kids will enjoy everything they do. I have NEVER been one to 'force' activities on the kids and won't make them do something they don't want to. Most of these things are requests from the kids. I will say that Cailey is now saying she doesn't want to do Tae Kwon Do but I honestly think that's more due to the fact that I always do special things with just Kinsey during that time. Once it starts up again we'll see if she feels the same way:).

School will pretty much be the same as the fall: Cailey- Math, Phonics, Grammar, Spelling, Handwriting, Copywork, History, Science, Sign Language, Bible, and Novels
Braden- Math, Phonics, Handwriting, History, Science, Sign Language, Novels, and Bible. He sits in on the last four with Cailey but LOVES school:)!!
Kinsey- preschool skills, and Sign Language (which she sits in on and tries to play the games:)

I think this is everything....wow....we do a lot!

5 comments:

McLeod Family said...

Good for you Heather! That is awesome. You are truly a great Mom and teacher. I pray blessings on your family as the spring semester begins. I find it very admirable that you choose to home school your children. It is a beautiful calling from God!!!

Sherri said...

Ok - I'm totally intimidated. No way could I handle all that. Guess I better go find a job and send the kids to Christian school.

anthonyandbeth said...

sounds GREAT Heather! i don't think your children will have any trouble with their social skills...nor do they now! :) hope i can see you soon...

Eve said...

I agree with you about the comment of Cailey not wanting to do Tae Kwon Do due to the fact that it is a special time for you and Kinsey:)
You sound like you are doing a great job and I know that the kiddos get tons of interaction with others!
Love you SUPER MOM!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot to do! I know you guys will have fun and the kids will enjoy their activities. They will grow a lot from their experiences.