Saturday, January 17, 2009

It all started with a brush....

When we were in Disney World I found a princess brush that looked like something Cailey would like and it fit perfectly as a stocking stuffer. What I didn't know is that it would turn her into a teenager overnight (or my dad would say, Valley Girl:). She loves her brush so much that she started carrying a purse JUST so she could bring it (and the REAL camera she got in her stocking) everywhere. After a couple days of dragging around open play purses or plastic dress up purses she decided she wanted a "REAL" purse and promised she'd be responsible for her belongings (we are still working on that one). We went on a mommy/Cailey date so she could find herself a real big girl purse. That was quite an experience:)! I told Cailey she could choose whichever one she wanted to and it honestly took close to TWO, yes, I did say TWO hours! She wanted one that was much too big for her and was finally content with the smaller size after I showed her that it fit everything in it. I was trying to convince her to get pink or turquoise (her fav) but she insisted on wanting to match me and I finally caved. (It was also 50 percent off so that made the decision easier for me too:). This girl is growing up so fast!


best stocking gift was:
a hairbrush??


taking out time from playing at Chuck E Cheese
and Marbles to brush her hair...oh brother!


wanting to match with mama




even Auntie Anne has the matching pattern!

What a six year old has in her purse: hairbrush, camera, chapstick, sunglasses, and sometimes a 'just in case' necklace

2 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like such a fun mother-daughter time! What a perfect size purse for Cailey!

Anonymous said...

Yea us!