Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Day at the Park


"Wheee"



"Look at me mommy!"



Cailey said, "Did I smile good mommy?"
Kinsey said, "Eeee" instead of "cheese":)



focused


The weather was actually fall-like today (imagine that!). I am NOT a fan of hot weather and would love for there to be a dramatic cool off now. After I picked up Cailey from school I decided to take them to a park. The kids had a blast and I was so happy to be able to play with them outside! Once we came home, we decided to go on an 'acorn' walk. Translation: I need about 60 acorns for a lesson plan next week, so let's start looking today. The kids had no idea what the acorns were for, they just had a blast in the wagon and walking. We didn't end up finding ANY acorns...apparently there are no oak trees in our neighborhood! We had fun none the less and the day ended like the last several...with neighbor kids all over the back and front yard. Having Cailey ask kids to play last week was the best thing we could have done because now we are the 'it' house to play at in the evenings:)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I guess mommy got some exercise pulling the wagon around the neighborhood:) So cool that the other kids are coming to play in your yard now! So I've seen a lot of acorns in our yard if you want to have the kids gather them here on Saturday....

anthonyandbeth said...

it was SO nice today, the breeze! glad you were able to enjoy the nice weather with your kiddos! :)