Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Normalcy

So several friends have made fun of me from time to time saying that I've had it easy with Cailey and Braden because they were not "normal" in the misbehavior category. I must admit, they were both very well behaved toddlers..we had our problems, but NOTHING compared to what we are going through with Kinsey! As the kids get older, it seems like their behavior is getting worse instead of better. Lately our 'easy' boy has changed...and is forming some negative behaviors. His favorite phrase is, "I don't want to." It's becoming more frustrating as the days go on because he's getting more and more adamant about saying it, and just not wanting to do anything. Now...we're not asking him to do anything unusual...even fun things like playing or going somewhere fun have him saying, "I don't want to" followed by throwing a fit and flapping his arms around. I was fed up a couple days ago and MADE him do some fun things...he was smiling and laughing the whole time whenever I ignored his complaints, so I guess I'll have to just ignore the whining, because nothing else is working. He's a great little guy and we love him so much! Hopefully he'll grow out of this VERY soon! If any of you have experienced this I'd love some advice:).

No comments: