Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fake Smiles and Tattoos

Cailey was so excited when she came home from school and said she had two exciting things happen today. The first was that she was the line leader again.....and apparently it's the most exciting job you can have in Kindergarten! As a teacher, I know how happy kids are in any grade when they get to be the first person in line. The second thing was much bigger, and a first. At her school the kids have an opportunity to earn 'Eagle Bucks' from adults who are not their own teacher. You get them by behaving in the halls, carpool lines, cafeteria, etc. Once you earn 10 Eagle Bucks you get to buy something with them at the school store. Cailey has been talking about wanting a necklace or maybe a book when she had enough bucks. Well, she got in the car and told me she had earned all 10 bucks and I couldn't wait to see her new treasure. Can you guess what she got? Yep, a good ole tattoo. I thought...why didn't she get a necklace or book (something that lasts longer than bath time). When I asked her about it she said, "Granny, Uncle Matt, Aunt Michelle, and Aunt Laura have tattoos and they said I had to be old to get one. I wanted to get one today instead." (Great role models huh? Love you guys:)) Lord, PLEASE let this child stick to temporary tattoos! Another thing....anybody notice the 'fake smile' she's developed? It's so hard to get her to show me a real smile for the camera now. I almost have to get someone to tickle her for it to be real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, following in her Aunt Laura's footsteps; I'm so proud:) Hee, hee!

anthonyandbeth said...

hilarious! she has such a cutie patootie personality! :)