Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cailey's first field trip


Cailey was excited to choose a pumpkin and I was
excited to meet her best friend in
Kindergarten, Suzy


The kids learned all about chickens from Farmer Fred and
got to hold a freshly laid egg


They learned about the importance of sunflowers on a working farm
and were able to be silly in the 'pumpkin hole'

I chaperoned a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Cailey's class on Friday. The kids were able to learn and have fun...but boy was it tiring! I had to keep track of a small group of kids, which sounds like an easy task. The hard part was that I didn't know the kids well and there were TONS of other schools and classes but everyone ended up in the right place so it all worked out in the end. After finding their pumpkins they heard Farmer Fred teach a lesson, saw a calf, chickens, and a sunflower field. Then they went on a hayride (which the kids loved to throw hay at each other....of course!) The hayride ended at the picnic area, a GIANT trampoline thing, a pond and a really great playground. All in all it was nice to meet her friends and teachers and spend some special time with just her.


Running/crawling up the giant trampoline


Enjoying the playground...oh, and the weather was
perfect

Oh...I almost forgot...Cailey's HIGHLIGHT of the day was riding the bus to the farm. She couldn't stop talking about it and is begging me to let her ride it home....maybe I will soon:)

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

Harrison has his first field trip next Friday, the 26th. I can't wait. I'm sure he'll be wanting to ride the bus after that, too! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe that she's had her first field trip already. I'm sure that keeping up with the kids was a challenge. :) The bus is always a fun option.