Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Plan C...The Miracle

On Sunday morning at 2:00 am our phone rang. I knew it could only mean one thing...Laura had FINALLY gone into labor! I put on my clothes and raced to the hospital in a nearby city. After getting lost and nearly having a panic attack I finally arrived and could help them out in the hospital room. I had been looking forward to this because I am not having anymore babies (unless God knows something that I don't) and it's Laura's last baby and she allowed me to be a part of it with Dennis and her mom. When I got there she was already 5 cm and three hours later she was at 8 cm. According to that timing I figured she'd be having him around 8:30 am, and I'd stay until 9:30. Then I thought I'd run home, take a short nap and still be able to head on our way to the pumpkin patch like we had planned. HA HA HA! Check out Laura's blog for all the details but I can assure you it didn't go that way. As soon as I came back (5:30 pm) the kids were at Awana and I had to go do lesson plans with Sheree. When I finally got home (9:30) I fell into bed and boy I am still missing out on sleep! It was SO worth it to be there even if I am a little, tiny bit disappointed in the outcome (a c-section). My great friend, Stef was with me at Cailey's birth and I will never forget it! It was so special that she supported us and I was truly honored to be able to be there for Laura. So....hopefully we'll be making it to the pumpkin patch soon! The kids were really great about it but I don't think they'll be happy if something else happens to keep us from going there!

No comments: