Thursday, October 18, 2007

Door Art

This afternoon I thought it would be fun to change out our 'door art' by having the kids paint a fall mural. They LOVE learning new ways to paint, but painting with their hands and feet is their absolute favorite thing to do. (Usually I strip them down but I knew I'd be posting this....so hopefully the paint stains will come out! I know the paint is 'washable' but sometimes it still doesn't come out). I let them have free reign which for me is hard because I am SO type A but I'm learning to step back and let them explore and choose what they want to do:). Once the trunk was done they wanted all the leaves to be handprints, which again they loved. I didn't get pics of that because I was too busy cleaning them up and reapplying paint. The grass is footprints but it's hard to tell on the picture. Lastly they wanted to put purple flowers in the mural...anyone seen purple flowers out this fall? Nope, me neither...but I let them do it anyway:) Brian was so impressed when he came home from work. I must say I think they did a fabulous job! I wanted to post a picture of their 'summer door art' and bulletin board too so family and friends can see all the great crafts and art projects they have done.


I taught the kids a different way to paint...
instead of brushing strokes we pushed the brush straight
down, kinda like making dots. It looked really neat, almost like
sponge painting and they thought it was funny!


The finished product! They loved their mural:)



summer and fall door



mostly crafts we've done at Storybook
Safari (where I teach classes and preschool)
Although a couple were done at home and in Kindergarten

2 comments:

The Hilemans said...

I love it!!!! They did a fantastic job! If they want to do it again, will you contract them out to do a door mural for our house? :)

anthonyandbeth said...

very creative! i love it!