Wednesday, October 24, 2007

YAY!!! We Made IT!

No rain, no baby, pumpkin patch, here we come! It was pretty cloudy at times but I was really hoping it wouldn't rain so we could go to the pumpkin patch on Monday and sure enough it was a success. It wasn't crowded at all (there we maybe 4 other families on the whole farm) and we just had a really great time together. We went on a hay ride, picked out pumpkins, went down a massive tunnel slide, looked at animals, visited a teepee and fort, went through a maze, searched for fish in a pond, went in a bounce house, played on a playground and sandbox, and took our sweet time! We were even able to make it educational and teach the kids some facts about pumpkins, chickens, cows and apples. I have to say it was so relaxing and fun I didn't think anything could go wrong.....or could it? I told the kids they could go in the bounce house one more time before we left to go home and eat. We did the whole "last one there is a rotten egg" thing and Cailey and I were racing. I turn around and see Brian carrying Kinsey and Braden to race with us also. Next thing I know we're a foot away and Brian falls with them kinda up a little hill. Kinsey cried so I picked her up...she was fine. I turn around and Braden has blood dripping from his head ALL OVER! I run inside to get paper towels and then find out that Brian's tooth collided with Braden's head. Brian was fine but my poor boy was bleeding and really upset. The cut was deep and we headed to the emergency room....but not before stopping to get him Chick fil A:). After spending two hours at the ER they ended up leaving the cut open (oh joy) because they didn't want the natural bacteria from Brian's tooth to cause an infection inside Braden's wound. Supposedly it's going to continue bleeding over the next few days (oh joy again) but with antibiotics and time it will heal. Even with everything that happened, the pumpkin patch was so fun and we'll definitely go at the same time next year....just without the racing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Give Braden a big kiss for me and I'll give him another when I get there Friday. Glad the kids had fun before the tooth episode. :)

The Hilemans said...

Yikes!!! Hope Braden is feeling ok. Your pictures are great - glad you finally made it. I brought my pumpkins home from the grocery store... :)

anthonyandbeth said...

oh my goodness! i hope he's doing ok! at least it didn't happen at the beginning of your adventure...right? :) the pictures are great and it looks like it was a lot of fun! :)