Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tent Play

My dad built this AWESOME piece of furniture that houses all of our manipulatives. I have a ton of great things from when I taught like unifix cubes, magnetic tangrams, lacing beads, peg boards, color sorting objects, connectagons, etc. They have been in a cabinet and accessible to the kids but it's one of those things that was out of sight out of mind. Since dad made the furniture the kids have been able to see everything and have been playing with it all a lot more. Yesterday Cailey asked about a play tent that we used to have out. Cailey BEGGED us to buy her this tent and then never really cared that much about it. I tried so much to get her interested in it, then put it away. I took it out last year but again they didn't really play with it much. I don't know what made her think of it, but I'm glad she did because they all get a kick out of playing in the tent together all the time now and usually have some sort of manipulative, or learning toy in there. Cailey made a 'Halloween' pattern yesterday with the cubes and we were able to measure how long each of them was and how many it took to reach their heads.

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

we want to come play...you're house sounds like lots of fun! :)