Monday, April 21, 2008

baby broccoli, baby caterpillars...

What are they doing? They are finding baby caterpillars and playing with pollen. Thank goodness our family doesn't have problems with allergies because this spring one of their favorite things to do in the backyard is sprinkle pollen on the slide! I went out the other day to see what they were doing and Cailey told me they were finding baby caterpillars and baby broccoli. Huh?? I looked at Braden and said, "Oh, you have some pollen" and Cailey immediately broke in saying, "no mommy, we found baby broccoli." I have never thought about it, but pollen does kinda look like little broccoli!


'the broccoli'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just hope they haven't tried to eat the pollen! It does kinda look like broccoli though! :)

Janet said...

I was going to ask the same question - did any end up eaten?

Sarah said...

Hi Heather!

Have not forgotten you! Our modem died this past weekend so we are living sans internet at home and I can only get snatches of time to check it at school before going home and falling asleep on the sofa! I'm doing well and WILL catch up with you soon! Please know you can call whenever you have a moment! We'll have to plan a 2nd date in June!

Heather said...

Just wanted everyone to know that I HOPE they didn't eat any, but I was inside cooking most of the time so I don't know:) If they did, it didn't affect them! And Sarah, can't wait for our second date!!