Saturday, April 5, 2008

Braden's Firetruck Party!

Today we celebrated Braden's 4th birthday party with his friends! (His actual birthday is tomorrow). He wanted a firetruck cake, so naturally I decided to have a party at the fire station! The party started out at the fire station where they watched a fire safety video and climbed on/looked at the firetruck. The firefighters ended up having to leave for an emergency, but it was fine because the kids had been able to get in the truck right before the alarm went off. Afterwards we headed to Storybook Safari for some playtime with firetruck toys, a firetruck book, cake, and presents! This was the BIGGEST kid party that we've had in our family! Usually the parties are at our house....this was the first one that we had somewhere else. While we were eating dinner tonight I asked Braden what his favorite part was and he said, "getting to play with the firetrucks"....the toys, not the real one:)!


fun at the fire station


look at that big boy!


playing at Storybook Safari


story time and cake


THE cake


our almost birthday boy:)
(This one's for you, Caroline!)

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

we had so much fun! thanks for inviting us!! Braden is such a sweet boy!!!

Janet said...

That was such a fun party! My kids had such a great time and to have an "official emergency" was just the icing on the cake. You couldn't have planned that better. I LOVE where you work and would like to just go there and play! :) You were so creative with the cake and I love the frosting story. One for the books!

Braden is a gem!

Caroline said...

Wow, I feel so honored! What a great picture. You and Brian look good! Not that I expected anything differently. What a fun day. Maybe I'll have a firetruck party in July for my birthday. I've always been fascinated with police, fire, and EMTs. Now you're going to have to chase firetrucks to see where they're going, just for Braden.