Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kinsey's 2nd Gotcha Day!!


the day she came home...she loved the bouncy seat!


always a climber!

Our sweet baby Kinsey came home exactly two years ago today! I couldn't wait to meet our "Asian girl with pigtails!" (Her head had been shaved...so we had to wait awhile on the pigtails). When she came off the plane she was smiling and hasn't stopped since!! On the car ride home, however, she screamed the WHOLE WAY because she wasn't used to having to ride in a car seat. It took a few days before she could get in her car seat without crying..no...make that screaming!

She's a happy, empathetic, joyful, daring, sweet girl who likes to climb on whatever can be found and be barefoot at all times. She constantly brings us laughter and joy:)! I still find it amazing to think that God CHOSE her for our family. Out of all the babies we could have, He chose for Kinsey to come live in our family. Thank you God for such a wonderful blessing! Help us to shape her into who you want her to be and to always encourage her and lift her up.
I am very thankful for her birth mom and the decision she made to give Kinsey to us. I can't imagine how hard that had to be...but I hope she feels peace about it. We are truly blessed to call her our daughter....our baby. Happy 2nd Gotcha Day my sweet baby!



7 comments:

Janet said...

That's beautiful! The fact that God put Kinsey purposely into your family is so amazing to me.

I'm having a hard time typing after seeing that video of you first holding Kinsey. You have given me a glimpse of how incredible adoption is. Thanks for sharing! WOW!

Blessings From Above said...

Happy 2nd GOTCHA Day to Kinsey! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.......what an awesome post and an awesome video! I can't believe it's been two years. Rebecca and I were so privileged to be a part of that day; I'll never forget you guys coming down that escalator holding Kinsey:)
I think I've told you about first hearing that song when we were going through our adoption process...tears streaming down my face...I LOVE that song!

Nan said...

Truly beautiful! Thanks for sharing that Heather. Happy Gotcha Day Kinsey!

Caroline said...

Wow, that was so sweet. Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Kinsey. You and Wesley share this day in common. He was 19 mos. old yesterday.

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm so glad that God put Kinsey in your family! i know she is very loved and it's clear you feel very blessed to have her! happy second gotcha day to Kinsey!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha Day Kinsey!