Monday, May 5, 2008

strawberry patch

Saturday we took the kids strawberry picking and they had a blast! The weather was perfect...not too hot, not too cold:). We ended up picking 16 lbs.....oops! Who knew that two full buckets would end up being that much! My plans for the berries are strawberry shortcake, strawberry bread, muffins, milkshakes, I froze some, and we'll eat lots! Oh...and topping for pancakes:)!


kinsey's favorite thing to do was SQUISH the strawberries
up and watch the juice run down her hands and arms! Cailey
LOVED running up and down the rows!


Braden worked so hard to get the best ones and would ask us
EVERY time he picked one if it was red enough:)

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i've missed out on strawberry picking for the second year in a row!! for some reason, bending over and over and over to pick strawberries doesn't seem like it would be very comfortable to me right now. maybe next year! :( everything you're going to make sounds so YUMMY!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know what's goofy? You always take such awesome pictures of your kids (and this time is no exception) but my favorite pic on this post is the one of the strawberries....so pretty:)

Caroline said...

I love the strawberry picture too! I can't wait to do that with Wesley. There's a farm near Sprout Cultivator's home, so I'll have to go with her. How fun. I love how Braden asked you if the berry was ripe AFTER he picked it. Your kids are so beautiful!

Eve said...

What great things you do with your family!! I hope that such things can happen when I finally get children of our (Joe and Mine) own. And I love strawberries send me your recipe of strawberry muffins.

Love ya!