Friday, May 16, 2008

she likes to be clean???

I got a phone call from Sheree after Steve (her husband) had been watching Kinsey on Thursday. She wanted to tell me "a typical Kinsey story." My first thought was...uh oh!!! Sheree laughed and said that it was a very 'busy' day. Translation? While Steve was helping other two year olds with potty issues Kinsey was off 'exploring' on her own. She somehow found diaper cream and had spread it ALL over her face (as if it were shaving cream!) A while later Steve needed to help the others again....when he was done he couldn't find Kinsey. Where had she gone? Oh...just up in their CLOSET to search out brand new UNopened sunscreen so she could spray it all over herself! Sheree said she had to go through a lot to find it and get it open! I am SO thankful to them for being willing to watch her and feel bad that they have to clean her up a lot! (She's written on their walls with Sharpies, colored herself and her clothes with markers, and the list goes on and on!)

I don't know what it is with my angels, but all three of them have gone through a phase of playing with 'bathroom' items. From eating toothpaste and feeding others deodorant (sorry Laura W) to Kinsey's favorites: Spreading soap, shaving cream, lotion, toothpaste, bubbles...ANYTHING all over herself and the counters...but not before tasting them:)! This too will pass and then I'll be sad that they are growing up too fast! I've been thinking a lot about that lately and feel like I'm acting like a Grandma, but seriously...they are growing up SO fast!!! I treasure the time I get to spend with them...even if it's cleaning them or breaking up fights...it's all worth it for the best hugs, kisses, and smiles in the world:)!!

No comments: