Monday, May 12, 2008

workday turned family day!


Saturday morning I had to work at a Kids Expo for a few hours. About 4 hours into it I saw my beautiful family walking towards me! I was NOT expecting them to come...I thought they might come today for Mother's Day (they did last year) but I was so excited to see them! This year they had SO much more for the kiddos to do and the great part is it's all free. Highlights include: all three riding on horses (NOT ponies), jumping in a bounce house two times, watching a COOL magic show (Brian and I couldn't even figure out how he was doing it), Cailey getting a tennis lesson, Braden petting a Macaw (which we JUST learned about in preschool), Cailey and Braden sitting in a REAL helicopter and firetruck, eating popcorn, cotton candy, AND a funnel cake (I know it's a lot, but they all shared and it's NOT like they get it everyday!), hugging mascots, playing games, making crafts (a Mother's day card and a necklace), swinging on a swingset, and Cailey's favorite...getting her face painted! ALL this in a nice and cool airconditioned building:)!! They were all very well behaved considering it was WELL past naptime and they were loaded with sugar! I only had the 'take along' camera which is dying...I keep it in my purse for times like this. I'm SO glad I had it, even if the pictures didn't turn out that great. I was SO bummed because while they were on the horses it wouldn't work!!! Kinsey on a horse for the first time and no pictures...so sad!


Kinsey LOVED going on the horse and was waving
and blowing kisses when the ride was over! She didn't
like the cotton candy but loved the funnel cake!


Braden was SO excited about the helicopter and horses...oh,
and of course the snacks:) His favorite by far, though was
the bounce house...I heard him giggling so much in there!!


This picture is my favorite one of
the day! She was seeing herself in the
mirror for the first time...true happiness-
not a fake smile..I LOVE it! And it was
the highlight of her day! She also wants to learn
how to play tennis now:)

6 comments:

Caroline said...

What a great new look! I love getting surprised like that!

Janet said...

I just love the face painting! I've rarely seen more than just a little flower on someone's cheek. That is just awesome. So glad it was fun for you and your whole family! Hope we can make it next year.

Nan said...

Love the new layout...where did you find it?

anthonyandbeth said...

looks like it was a fun as you described! maybe we can do it next year...

Anonymous said...

BTW.....I LOVE that pic of Cailey's face paint. Beautiful girl and beautiful face painting:)

Anonymous said...

Cailey! Your butterfly face looks so beautiful! You're always beautiful of course but it's so cool for you to look like a butterfly! Heather - looks like the kids had lots of fun. Wish I could have seen Cailey's face in person!