Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aa is for apple

I have decided to teach Kinsey her letters just like I did with my preschoolers. We have a focus letter of the week and practice, practice, practice finding the letter all around. This week our letter was 'A' (I'm not going in order though). We found all the 'A's in the house...we're talking flash cards, magnetic ones, letter A tiles, beads, etc. and hung them up all around. I'm constantly saying, "look Kinsey, there's 'A'!" I hung the capital 'A' she decorated in her window and every time we drive up to the house she says, "I see 'A'!" Each day of the week we've done something different from decorating upper and lowercase 'A's with words to going on word hunts, letter hunts, tracing, picture matching, and reading 'A' books.






hunting for 'a' pictures


Cailey and Braden were able to get involved in the hunt
by finding the words that begin with 'a'. They love to hunt
for things and learned some new BIG words:).

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i don't even know what to say! i feel like i'm doing nothing with jackson. i feel like i can hardly get through the day with what "needs" to be done much less all of that! and i'm feeding a baby every 3 hours too. help me!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear Kinsey say the "ABC's!

Janet said...

That's fabulous fun! You kids are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

What a good mommy:)