Wednesday, October 15, 2008

christmas dishes

I love, love, love doing art work with the kids hands and feet...especially while they are still little. I've been wanting to have them make Christmas dishes with their hands and feet for a while but I was waiting until we had another baby to do everyone at once. Now that I'm coming to grips with the fact we aren't getting another baby I took a BIG step and finally had the kids make Christmas plates and boy they turned out so cute! As a preschool teacher I've done most of these on paper or fabric over the years, but having them on plates will make them last so much longer and now we have everyday plates to eat off of at Christmas time:)!


plates made by Cailey's prints


plates made by Braden's prints


plates made by Kinsey's prints


this one...the angel, was made by
all three kids

9 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

ok! you are SO helping me do this. we're talking on fri. k! :)

Piper said...

That is absolutely adorable!! Luckily this baby will be here before Christmas- think I can get crafty with all four by then? Mind if I steal some of your designs? Love them...

The Hilemans said...

fantastic!!! I love it!

Nan said...

Absolutley beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like art to!

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I love them but.....:(

Caroline said...

How precious! That is such a creative idea. See, this is sooooo not my strength.

McLeod Family said...

Heather,

I don't know if you remember me but I was Caroline's roommate in college. Would you mind telling me how you did the plates? I love the idea and would like to use it. By the way, you are an awesome teacher. You certainly have a gift from God! Your kids are so cute too!

Heather (Cook) McLeod

Eve said...

The plates are awesome!