Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bb is for bears

Bb is for....


blue, buttons,


beads,




bubbles,



balloons, balls,




I blew up around 40 balloons and the kids went on a ball
hunt and collected around 35 of them! We played volley ball,
keep it up, kick ball, and more fun games with them:).


bell

This week we worked on Bb for bear. We read lots of bear books (Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Going On A Bear Hunt, Ten Bears In Bed, Bear Wants More, etc.) and found tons of things that begin with Bb around the house. Kinsey's favorites were the babies, her blankie aka banky, Braden, and her bunny. I have discovered that she's confused now and need to figure out how to get past it. Now when she sees an Aa she says, Bb! She could find Aa's last week and pick them out of other letters mixed together, so I thought she REALLY knew it. I'm hoping (and praying) that as time goes on she'll be able to grasp the concept of letters:).

4 comments:

Nan said...

She'll get it! Totally stole your idea and am doing the same thing with Jacob. He is loving it and so is Jonathan. We are also doing the sound with the letter too, since I think he knows his letters, he just likes to pretend he doesn't! He is a stinker!

Janet said...

I'm simply amazed at all Kinsey is saying since just this summer. I'm sure, with all your hard work, the letters will click as well very soon and she'll never forget the fun she had learning them.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Janet....her vocabulary is really growing. You are doing an awesome job with her but I wouldn't expect any less:)

anthonyandbeth said...

you are awesome! it looks like so much fun over at your house! ;)