Thursday, March 20, 2008

Exercise Buddies

I belong to the Y and have been going to work out there for years. Lately I've realized that it takes so much time to get there, put the kids in childcare and go home that I started looking in to getting an elliptical for home to save time and money. (On top of the Y membership every month, I also have to pay for childcare...which can be really pricey if you work out a lot.) SOO I bought an elliptical and have been using it- in front of the kids most of the time because they always want to be with me:). Afterwards I usually do some floor work (abs, push ups, weights, etc.). Yesterday morning Cailey came in and put a towel on the floor to do push ups with me. A few minutes later Kinsey followed and went to get TWO wash cloths to put down underneath herself and joined in with us. It was VERY cute...and Brian ran to get the camera:). I guess I never thought of it before but they haven't seen me workout because they're always in the childcare section of the Y or sleeping when I do it...until now:)

5 comments:

Nan said...

Wonderful for your children to see you lead a healthy life. Mine know I exercise at the gym, "upstairs" but don't really know what I do, or why. Soon boys, soon!

Eve said...

that is so cute! I think that it is awesome that they want to be around you even though you are exercising. I hope that whenever I have kids they will want to be with me no matter what I am doing:)

Melissa said...

i've been in an aerobics class lately, and sometimes river pretends that she's doing "her exercises", and her moves always crack me up. she probably is getting them from me, which is what's so funny!

Janet said...

That is just awesome that your kids mimic your exercise routine. Way to go showing them the healthy lifestyle!

Running With Hope said...

The elliptical is awesome, isn't it? We got one too, this Christmas. It's been a life changer, time saver, and money saver for us. Now I'm motivated to exercise! My girls start jogging around the house and inform me they're exercising. It's really cute. You can get a good ab workout by having them sit on your feet as you lay on the floor with your knees up, then lift you feet off the floor. It works REALLY well!