Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally giving in...

My wonderful Sunday school ladies have been at me to join in on the 'scrapbooking' activities that they have. I've gone to a couple just to socialize but never to scrapbook. Don't get me wrong...I love the idea, in fact I HAVE everything Creative Memories has to offer thanks to Anne (who sold it..but gave it to me for free). I did a great job scrapbooking when I was pregnant with Cailey and in the nesting phase- I had never scrapbooked but did our dating years, college friends (ALL four years) and our wedding in a matter of three weeks before my due date. After Cailey was born I did a great job of keeping up for a while...UNTIL things went digital! I was not at all computer savvy and didn't know how to send off for the pics (I know...NO comments from the peanut gallery please). When we moved down here it really completely stopped...Cailey was 14 months old at that point. Oh and something I haven't said yet is that when I do/did scrapbook I have to SPREAD out and have every scrapbooking thing I own within reach ( not ideal with kiddos running around) and want to catch completely up! I can not imagine starting with current pics- I really want to go back four years and catch up but the thought of that is overwhelming. Cailey has an album for the first 14 months of her life, Braden has a blank album, and poor Kinsey doesn't even have an album! The point to all this background story is that in a couple of weeks I'm going to a scrapbooking mania or something like that-which is hours long and my intention once again was just to hang out and chat (or help other people). My sweet and dear friend, Janet, gave me an idea that was much less overwhelming- she said I should just bring a bunch of pictures to crop. That sounded much better because when I am scrapbooking I can't socialize, talk, be talked to...I go into a trance! So now that I'm blogging I thought that maybe I could figure out how to get my pictures printed (again...no comments from the peanut gallery!) In the last couple months I've learned how to send an attachment, how to forward an email, how to add links to my blog, how to send off for pictures, and how to make picture books online. I know, I know, welcome to the present..but you should be proud! I figured it all out by myself!! (Well...I guess Marsie did teach me about the attachment.) So many of you are probably wondering where my computer savvy husband has been all these years of not teaching me--I didn't want to learn. I would just rely on him to do it and he was fine with that. I feel awesome knowing that I, ME, HEATHER figured something involving technology out all by myself!! Laura H., I still need your help learning photo shop though:)!! I'm going to the scrapbooking night armed with pics of Braden and his baby book. We'll see how much I actually get done but I'm thankful to Janet for getting me started again!

2 comments:

Nan said...

Good for you! I haven't even touched Jacob's and Jonathan's is up to about 11 months!

Caroline said...

H, don't feel bad, we've been married 4 years next week, I've been to Ireland twice, and Wesley's been born, and none of those things have made it to the scrapbook. One of these days!