Sunday, September 23, 2012

eye update from San Francisco

Mom took Braden to the eye doctor today and they said his eye looked 80 percent better. As long as he doesn't have any eye pain she can wait until Monday to take him back. SO thankful that it's getting better again and this time I'm praying it'll stay that way!  I think the steroid drops are making a difference because that's the only thing they've changed.

When we went to the dr. on Thursday they also saw an improvement and gave us more blood results. Basically he does NOT have the Herpes I simplex which was what I though ALL ALONG (because he hasn't had a cankersore in his life). This means that once the infection clears up he should not continue to get spots throughout his life (therefore not need a cornea transplant).

The bummer is that we still do not know what the infection is.

His blood also showed that he's had mono...which I was thinking caused his exhaustion until I talked to the pediatrician (who is AWESOME and called us at the airport!) who said that he had it years ago. Oh..we had no idea. But it could have been when he was a baby. That's 1/2 of our children who have now had mono and we had no clue.

They have moved his drops from every two hours to every four hours for the next couple of days.  PRAYING his infection continues to disappear! 

We are having a GREAT trip but it's been nice to be able to face time and talk to my babies everyday. I am so thankful that mom is willing to watch the kiddos so we can get away!  The anxiety hasn't left me but I'm guessing that as a mom it never will when your babies aren't feeling good.






No comments: