Monday, September 17, 2012

things are looking up!

Today's eye appointment was the best in a while. His vision had improved greatly and the infection is finally (again) responding to the drugs. They are still concerned about some of the lab work but I'm taking him to the pediatrician tomorrow so they can repeat some tests and explain in detail what everything means...and just make sure that we shouldn't be doing anything else at this point.

The best news EVER?? We don't have to go back to Duke until Wednesday!! YAY! So now we pray that nothing crazy happens tomorrow:). Now for the awesome awesome news?? While Brian and I are out of town Mom won't have to bring Braden to Duke at all (assuming nothing goes wrong). Again...YAY! This means he'll have an appointment Wednesday and not go back until the following Tuesday/Wednesday. I pray that nothing will happen while we're gone because I don't want mom to have to worry AND I want his eye to heal completely!

There were people praying and fasting this weekend...THANK YOU! Please continue to pray as he has three weeks left on the meds before coming off and hopefully the infection NOT returning.

Yesterday I was sick...as in achy, didn't leave bed all day sick. In the evening I started to feel better and decided that I needed to CHOOSE to go on and be happy everyday. It is a BLESSING to take him to the dr. It is a blessing that we have dr's. It is a blessing that we have people praying. It is a blessing that we have two eyes. I was pretty down and out but I feel much better now after tons of prayer and encouragement from friends.

Today he still complained of eye pain later in the day and tiredness but I'm wondering if his eye tires out from focusing on school work. I don't know...he's fallen asleep first thing in the morning too, so I guess that wouldn't make sense.

Keep the prayers coming! Three weeks for this infection to be completely gone and STAY gone!

1 comment:

The Corbett Family said...

His timing is perfect even in the midst of struggle. So glad it's getting better and prayers for it to be completely gone. I hope you have a wonderful time away and can relax.