Tuesday, September 23, 2008

25 cents

Cailey had a soccer game on Saturday morning and did great! She tends to sit back and gets a bit distracted (as I did in all sports:) but I gave her incentive...and boy did it work! I told her that everytime she kicked the ball she'd get a nickel and if she got a goal she'd get a dollar. I do realize this is called bribing and don't usually resort to this method but I tell you what...she earned her money! Although she didn't get a goal, she kicked it five times and ran her heart out. Everyone was cheering for her and that gave her more confidence to keep focused and chase the ball. I know it may sound silly to get excited about her kicking a ball...but not to us! She had never done it in the game before so it was a big deal-even to her! GO CAILEY!!





the one time she did get distracted was when
the other team started cheering. this hadn't happened
before so she stopped and watched them for a while:)
she was pretty excited and as soon as it was her turn to
sit out she and the girls started cheering for her team.

On a funny side note: We were cheering for Cailey and saying, "GO Cailey!" Kinsey joined in but CLEARLY didn't understand and said (in an angry voice) "GO AWAY CAILEY" I guess the whole concept of cheering is lost on her as she continued the whole time to say "Go away Cailey!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! So neat to see her kicking the ball....and I can TOTALLY picture Kinsey yelling at her:)

Nan said...

I like the phrase "earning wages" better than "bribing". Don't we get paid (or wish we got paid in the case of a stay at home mom) for doing what we are supposed to? How is school going?

Janet said...

Hey....you told me I wasn't allowed to post any of the pictures - Brian got of you - on Saturday. And here you go and post some yourself! Cailey did such an awesome job and I SO wish I had a picture of you and Brian's face as you watched her kick that ball right down the length of the field. That was awesome! I loved it when the coach said, "Hey Cailey, can you come back in and give me some more of THAT!" Awesome!!!

Eve said...

I think that it is great the the motivation was there to kick the ball! And Kinsey, totally cute for saying what she said!

Caroline said...

Good job Cailey! Way to be aggressive!

My little brother played soccer and was basically clueless about the sport, so it provided us a good laugh.

Hadn't been blogging much lately and missed your posts. Looks like you and the fam are doing well. Miss you!