Monday, September 1, 2008

FLOAM!

While walking around in Michael's last week the kids asked me if they could buy some Floam. (They didn't know the name, just pointed to it.) I decided to get some..because it looked interesting, fun, and was something new! Yeah..talk about MESSY! Now, I don't really care about messes when it comes to arts and crafts (unlike the average type A person) but this was ridiculous! The kids liked it at first, but after about 20 minutes they were tired of the little balls all over the place and the stickiness. It's one of those things that can go under the "it was fun one time" categories. (Kinda like roller blading Laura, or dance class Janet:) Just to get our money's worth I'll probably take it out again...and again...but we won't be getting anymore!

4 comments:

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

We've never been fans of the stuff either, and unlike Playdoh, you can't keep it for long: it's so wet it molds easily. Whoever thought of this stuff was only in it for the money! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought about that day in a long time....ahh, memories:)

Janet said...

I agree with the floam, BUT you MUST try the Rumba class, at the Y Friday morning, with me! Deal?

Caroline said...

Yah, not so much with the floam. I'm more of a silly putty girl myself. That stuff is fun to just squeeze over and over!