Monday, July 15, 2013

The day....the oatmeal...burned

The kids make their own breakfast..and have for a couple years now. One morning I heard shouts coming from downstairs that the oatmeal was on fire. EESH. Yup. Oatmeal apparently catches on fire. That is, if you put it in the microwave and forget to put the water in...and keep cooking it longer and longer because you can't figure out why in the world it's not cooking.

Flames, I tell ya. Thankfully no one was hurt but it sure was a lesson for everyone!  We learned that oatmeal catches on fire in the microwave when it doesn't have water. We also learned that if we cook it and it doesn't look right then we should probably ask for help before cooking it longer. Other than a stinky house and some burnt oatmeal all was well:).

No comments: