Saturday, July 12, 2008

art interpretation


Cailey: "I painted an ocean with sand and seaweed
and an octopus, butterfly, and sunshine."


Braden: "I painted Mommy and Braden's
footprints walking together in yellow and brown mud."


Kinsey: "dis...dat...ummm...dis"
translation: this and that...so cute! She wanted
to tell me SO badly what she painted!

The kids did watercolors yesterday afternoon and I asked them to tell me about their paintings. I was really impressed by what they said! I would not have interpreted everything they painted the same way.
Cailey's paintings usually involve rainbows, oceans, flowers...nature in general. Braden's involve nature too...he LOVES to paint mud:)!


Braden's water and mud.......Cailey's Rainbow

2 comments:

Janet said...

What a great idea to ask the kids what their interpretation was. Stacia and I were downtown for First Friday, last night, and the various paintings we saw could have been made by kids. And so many were going for $600-$1000!! We really wondered who gets to decide what a 'painting' is worth.

Anonymous said...

Those are great paintings! :) I love the fact that your kiddos enjoy arts and crafts so much!