Friday, July 11, 2008

Braden in the pool

Braden loves to swim in the water as long as he has a life vest or water wings on. With those he loves to swim away like a fishy to the 'deep end'...and spends most of his time there. He does NOT like to get his face wet or go under, but I'm working on him! When I can convince him to jump in he goes under for a second and gets upset...until I tell him that he SPLASHED me when he jumped in, which then makes him giggle. He starts swimming lessons on Saturday so hopefully that will help with his fear of going under water.


check out the water on his hand!

2 comments:

Eve said...

WOW! What a cool picture of the water coming off of his hand! Look at you camera woman! I am sure he won't be scared too much longer with the swimming lessons:)

Julie Brooks Barbour said...

Swimming lessons should help him a lot. Eleanor was still afraid to go under when she was four, but swimming lessons last summer really helped her. Now she has no fear, and actually puts her face in the water (while holding her nose, of course). She starts lessons in about a week, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that she might actually start swimming.