Tuesday, July 22, 2008

deep sea door art

Here is the deep sea door art the kiddos and I made the other day. (Check the last post if you missed how to make the blue bubbles.) They made seaweed by sponge painting a piece of paper green (I cut it out for them). For the sand I tried something new...you won't see pictures of the painting process because I let them splatter paint with brown watercolor and I had to help them not get it in their eyes. After the paint dried they crumbled up the paper over and over- which they thought was hilarious. Now I'm dealing with having to tell Kinsey we ONLY crumble paper that mommy says is ok! The jellyfish, octopus, and crab were made with handprints....no, I do not have 8 fingers on one hand. Later they wanted to add some stickers and a sailboat Cailey made. We may glue on some seashells too:)



2 comments:

Eve said...

That door art turned out fabulous!!! Have fun with getting Kinsey to not crumble paper:)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!!