Thursday, July 17, 2008

cords, stocks, and hail

Lately Cailey has said some funny words and phrases. I think she's gonna laugh at some of this when she's older:)!


C- "I see a stock over there!" M- "a what?" C- "A stock of birds!!" hee hee!


C- "Does a peach have a cord too or just apples...why did GOD put cords in fruit?" (cores)


gooder....I can't get this girl to say better for the life of me!


C- "Mommy, how do you get to hail?" M-Where? C- You know, to hail...does God throw you there or do you fly on a plane? How do you get there?" She's fascinated with conversations of what happens to you are not a Christian. I can't figure out if she's just saying it really southern or if she really thinks you go to hail! Oh..and if anyone has a great answer as to HOW you get there (on a five year old level) feel free to let us in on it! She reminds us daily that she doesn't want to ever go to hail.


When writing a story or letter, Cailey puts a period at the end of EACH line...even if the sentence isn't over! It's really common at this age but I still think it's cute:)


I took her and a friend to paint pottery last week. We've done it several times before and for some reason she calls it Pottery Barn. She KNOWS where PB is, but still calls it that. Soooo she came home and told Brian all about the vest she painted at PB so I would have something to put flowers in:) (She knew it started with V but couldn't remember the word vase)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

She is so cute and funny! I know you enjoy her so much!

We are doing okay- been a busy couple of weeks around here and I am out of town most of the rest of July! Whew! I miss hearing what you are up to. We need to catch up and hang out again, though the summer is flying by! Slow down!

Janet said...

ha! ha!

Caroline said...

What an innocent age! Those Cailey-isms are spectacular - you'll be glad you wrote those down (perfect fodder for rehearsal dinner laughs). Glad you guys are having a fun-filled summer! I'm still laughing about the hairless collie.

Nan said...

They say the funniest things!

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Don't have any good suggestions for talking about how you get to 'hail'. :) Sorry!