Thursday, July 31, 2008

Glimpses

Even in the summer Cailey LOVES to play outside! She asks to go out almost daily and at times will play out there for hours! Her favorite thing to do is run...and next to that is swing. CLEARLY she gets this love of running and heat tolerance from Brian. Considering it's been in the upper 90's most of July the only time I spend outside is at the pool. I do NOT like the heat at all.
Lately I've been seeing glimpses of her 'babyness' slipping away. Her voice is changing, the things she says are changing, and her behavior is changing. She's GROWING UP!!! Yesterday she was outside with Kinsey and Braden pushing them in the swing for a LONG time, singing to them, and entertaining them. This is new...usually she is the one in the swing. She still has her 'moments'...but so do I! SIGH...my baby is growing up.

As I write this they are in the backyard playing...and now I hear fighting and screaming...AHHH...back to reality! Oh, and Cailey's new goal is to be a runner in the Olympics! My dream was to be a gymnast or figure skater...hers is to be a runner:)! She keeps asking to be in 'running class' but I have no idea how to make that possible. They have soccer, baseball, etc. but no running that I know of for her age.

3 comments:

Eve said...

that is too adorable her pushing the others! She is becoming such a big girl!

Sherri said...

There are cross country leagues for homeschoolers when she's older - but if she wants to run now, I'll take her to road races - Sarah likes to run too.

anthonyandbeth said...

she is so sweet! i love seeing the love between siblings...the moments it's there! :) harrison too is just growing up too fast!