Friday, July 18, 2008

trips mean presents!

When I was little my dad traveled a bunch...to pretty cool places for work.... (Japan, Hawaii, California, etc.) sometimes mom went and sometimes he went alone for business. My favorite part about him going was the presents I got when he came home! (Pretty selfish...I know!) I couldn't wait to see what new treasure I would get and remember being SO excited about it. Two presents stick out in my mind as favorites....dad got me a kimono from Japan-I LOVED it!Then when mom and dad went to Hawaii my mom got me a silver necklace with lots of different charms that were interchangeable.

We don't travel very much, but when we do we have continued the tradition of presents. This is the first time the kids have really remembered it and boy were they excited about me coming back from Chicago! Cailey couldn't wait to see her present (which of course made the others get excited too:). Braden LOVES puzzles so I got him a 100 piece giant fish puzzle from The Shedd Aquarium. It's pretty tricky for him but he's had fun putting it together a few times. The girls both got jewelry from The Shedd. Kinsey got a plastic necklace and bracelet set with shells on it. She has enjoyed wearing it but pretty much throws it around when she's done with it:0). Cailey has been asking for 'real' jewelry for a LONG time...so I found a little girl set with a ring, bracelet, and necklace with plastic and silver beads. She has worn it pretty much EVERY day since I got it! I always told her she had to be responsible for her things and show me that she could take care of them...well she has certainly done that!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kid wouldn't be excited about presents? I definitely remember being the same way when my dad would come back from business trips! He would bring us "treasures" from the drug rep conventions.....pens, little notepads, bags, all with drug names on them of course:) But we thought we were really getting something awesome:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember you buying those! :) It brings back some good memories. Miss you guys.

Janet said...

Sssshhhh! Don't tell my kids of these awesome trip presents. When I flew back home, in April, I ran through the airport and quickly picked up some candy in a little magazine store. They still think that is an awesome "traveling" present!