Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cailey's first book!

A couple weeks ago, Cailey decided she wanted to write a book. I was very interested in what it would be about but stayed back because I didn't want to influence her. She did it all from start to finish...you'll see that she was taught 'inventive spelling' in school (something that I am NOT a fan of!) It's such a great story! She had an idea in her head and stayed on topic the whole time! Her illustrations are cute too:). She shows everyone and can't wait to see their reactions!

Cover Page:

My Birthday's By: Cailey Barbour

Page 1:

The Baby Cailey was born. I was born in Masochusis. (Massachusetts)

Page 2:


I grun and gruen untel
I was one and I had a chu chu
birthday cake. (Grew and grew)

Page 3:


My sckent Birthday wen.
I have my secknt Birthday.
I was trning two with.
a Butrfli cake.
(My second birthday when I was turning two with a butterfly cake)

Page 4:

My thrd Birthday with.
a car Bar cake win I was.
trning three
(My third birthday with a Care Bear cake when I was turning three.)

Page 5:

My forth Birthday.
win i was trning for.
with a bech bol cake.
(My fourth birthday when I was turning four with a beach ball cake)

Page 6:

My fith Birthday win I.
had a sand casol cake
(My fifth birthday when I had a sand castle cake.)

SUCH a GREAT story...I LOVED it! Oh...and everytime she reads it to Kinsey or Braden she'll see a word that is spelled wrong and correct it:). She wrote it all in one sitting, so by the end she was pretty tired!

5 comments:

The Hilemans said...

so cute! one of my first memories is writing a book and having my mom help me bind it. i can still picture the wrapping paper cover. Be sure to save Cailey's book - I wish I still had mine! :)

anthonyandbeth said...

i think it's great! such a precious memory!!! :)

Eve said...

WOW what an awesome job Cailey!!! that is amazing Heather...have you been to my new blog yet?

Caroline said...

That is quite impressive! Good job Cailey. I think that needs to be published and sent to all family members.

Anonymous said...

Cailey I am sooooooo proud of you! I hope that you continue to create such beautiful books! I hope I can see it in person when I see you!