Sunday, July 6, 2008

no socks, wrong feet

Kinsey never wore socks until this year...she never liked anything on her feet. She went all winter when she was a baby without socks because she took them off...it really didn't bother me, but I definitely got 'looks' from other moms. (And for the record she was never sick.) Kinsey doesn't like to wear shoes either...ever. Most of the time when playing outside she'll remove them as soon as she hits the grass. I have no problem with it...as a matter of fact I think it's great! The problem I DO have is that she ONLY wants to wear her shoes backwards...yes, I did say BACKWARDS!! We'll put them on her and as soon as we turn around she takes them off and puts them on the wrong feet! She will seriously walk with them on the wrong feet all day. Why? That can't possibly be comfortable! At first I fought and fought with her over it because I thought it would ruin her feet...but I've given up. If she comes to me when she's 20 because her feet are messed up I'll have proof that she only wanted her shoes backwards:).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I never knew that:)

The Hilemans said...

AA did that too with her crocs (and only with her crocs), and as soon as she grew into them better she stopped doing it. i wonder if they are so wide at the front that when they are a little too big they feel more secure on the wrong feet? that's the best explanation i could come up with when AA was doing it. I definitely got looks and even nasty comments from moms at the store about shoes on the wrong feet and her tripping along. I will NEVER comment on them being on backwards! :)

Janet said...

I wonder what age kids look down and see that they are really on backwards. It seems so obvious to us adults, but SO MANY kids put them on that way. Funny!