Tuesday, July 8, 2008

kinsey and mommy time

On Tuesday afternoons I teach a class for two hours. Afterwards Brian picks up Cailey and Braden to go to Tae Kwon Do and I get a chance to spend time with just Kinsey:)! The past two weeks I've taken her to kids night at Chick fil A and she LOVES it! She spent a LONG time working on a 4th of July fan the first week....she loved it so much that she made two! I realized at that point that I don't usually give her a bottle of glue to do her own thing with because there are always two other sets of hands to watch. At that point I decided we'd have to do this every week:).
Something I haven't mentioned yet is that she is SCARED of any characters...namely the Chick fil A cow that is there every week. She wraps herself around my leg and avoids all eye contact with the cow...until we leave when she says "bye, bye" over and over while waving. (Remember, this is my daredevil of a child...the ONLY one who has ever been scared of the giant stuffed characters:)


we also met the williams there!
(WEEK 1)

My good friend Janet suggested we go to kids night at a different Chick fil A tonight because they were having a 'customer appreciation week' and having balloons and face painting. It sounded like a lot of fun....until we walked in and saw FOUR Cows, FIVE Spiderman, and TONS of Batman costumes....oh NO!!! Kinsey was TERRIFIED...and it didn't help that the place was packed! Once she sat down to eat I got the cows to come up and give her high fives and by the end of the night she was squealing when 'Spidey' came to see her. I'm hoping that this helped her get over her fear and doesn't cause nightmares:)! (Guess I'll find out next week.)


(WEEK 2...superhero theme)


Kinsey wanted to get her face painted like a butterfly so we waited in a line that was 40 minutes long. It was finally her turn and she FREAKED...oh yeah, did I mention she's afraid of clowns too? I told the clown to paint her face anyway...hello...I just waited in a line FORTY minutes long! She decided to paint her arm instead and Kinsey was fine with that (grumble, grumble, grumble.)

I LOVE this time I get to spend with her every week and can't wait to see what next week will bring:)!! My little girl is growing up SO fast...sniffle!

2 comments:

Eve said...

I am glad that you are getting to spend some time with Kinsey. It has to be hard spliting your time with three kids. How are things? Miss you!

Caroline said...

Kinsey, its okay to be afraid of clowns. I am still afraid of clowns to this day. Good girl for being brave. Remember, cows are our friends.