Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


I was instructed to stay in the bedroom while the kids made me breakfast. When they called me down they had a bowl of cereal with milk in it, a whole banana and a slice of bread with peanut butter on it. Why a slice of bread? Because according to Cailey they tried to toast it but "could not figure out how to get the toaster to work." That was a good thing since five year olds and toasters are probably not high on fire department's list of winning combinations. Anyway, it was a rather huge breakfast from my kids who had to keep Kinsey from eating it before I got downstairs.

The artwork above was the kids' handiwork with some help from Heather. It was a very nice gift for a very nice Father's Day.

2 comments:

Janet said...

How special for the kids to treat you to breakfast today. That's awesome!

I'm also so impressed that you are keeping up with the blog in Heather's absence.

Happy Father's Day!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you liked the "You are my Sunshine" book that the kids and I put together...I'm especially proud that they kept the secret until Father's Day AND remembered to make your breakfast! Happy Father's Day! I love you!!