Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things

Cailey and I were discussing things I do not know how to do as it pertains to the children, particularly the fact I have no clue when it comes to fixing the girls' hair. So the past few days Kinsey has been walking around practically blind with hair in her face (cue Heather grumbling) and try as I might to put some sort of bow in Cailey's hair it just doesn't work.

I informed Cailey that fixing their hair was not a "Daddy thing." She agreed and indicated that "throwing kids in the air" was a Daddy thing. Fixing hair is a "Mommy thing." Knowing how to get places in the car is a Daddy thing she says because Mommy does not know how to do it by herself.

Anyway, in approximately 21 hours Mommy will return and do Mommy things again.

5 comments:

Heather said...

you know me too well...I was grumbling indeed! did someone steal all the barrettes or did Kinsey just want to experience blindness for a week? love you and can't wait to be home to do mommy things!

Eve said...

Hey thanks for the post Brian! However, I was wondering where the picture was of the girls and their not fixed hair? That would have been really cute with your blog!

Caroline said...

You left off the part where daddy parties because mommy has come back home to do mommy things again. Actually, you didn't have to say anything, the unspoken sigh of relief was heard round the world!

Sherri said...

I just have to say that I think Brian is awesome. Very few guys in this world would take off from work to take care of the kiddos so his wife can enjoy some refresher time away (although I suspect my hubby would). Hair styling is so not important compared to such sacrifice.

anthonyandbeth said...

very cute! i'm sure there are much more issues with "mommy" things with girls. anthony has already informed me he won't be doing Addison's hair. :)